Sounds of Blackness
a collective of artists, activists, producers and djs based in Vienna celebrating cultural and ethnic diversity in Europe through visuals, sound & dance
- Step into Darkness - summer launch with pop up by Kids of the Diaspora and portraits of Amoako Boafo - (event graphic by Jarrod Carranto)
- Vienna de Janeiro - weekly event series with local and international DJs, foregrounding BPOC musicians.
- Majira x Carharrt WIP Vienna
- Carharrt Motown Launch and Screeening of „Showing Up, Showing Out“, directed by Margot Bowman and Imani Mixon at Gartenbaukino accompanied by a live performance from Gianna & The Groove and a DJ set by Sounds of Blackness .The screening ran alongside the premiere of the Carhartt WIP x Motown collection, which celebrates Motown’s 60th birthday. The limited capsule line playfully reimagines iconic Motown record covers, famous slogans and legendary fabrics worn by Motown artists. The event was curated by Sounds of Blackness and moderated by Adia Trischler of Series: Black.
- Parttaker in the http://www.unesco.at/ Diversity Monitoring in Austria working group
- Winner of the Fresh Black Austrian Lifestyle 2019 award for Community work.